Automated reports help save reporting time, especially for continuous surveys. The functionality helps to deliver predefined reports at the desired time to your chosen email addresses in the document format of your choice. If required, reports can also be delivered to an SFTP server.
NB! This feature is subject to a fee:
Email reports (€49/month, paid annually)
SFTP reports (€49/month, paid annually)
It can be activated by filling in the order form in the results view of any survey. Click the 'Automatic reporting' icon to see the order form. You can try the feature free of charge for 14 days, after which billing will start automatically. The feature is priced per customer and is available to all users if the trial is not cancelled.
Before creating a new report in the survey Analyze-view, some preparations need to be made that will affect the answers that will be included in the report and help you to set up the automatic reporting settings.
Create these first so you can select them in the automatic reporting settings
- Create the filters you want to use for reporting. Remember to use condition about response time if you wish to include responses e.g. of the past 7 days.
- Combine survey data from other surveys if necessary if you need comparative data
- Report templates - if necessary, create a new template for this specific need if you are sending PowerPoint reports. You can find the report template settings via the 'Create Report' button. Guideline...
Configure these before you start creating a new automatic report
- Rename survey if needed - report file name will be formed from the survey name
- How-to: Goto survey Build-view, click 'Save', select 'Rename...'
- Reporting options - select whether to include incomplete responses in reporting
NB! You can check the readability of a planned report by manually creating it, via the 'Create report' section.
Scheduling a new report
Select 'Automatic reporting' and 'Create new report'
Define the content settings of a new report
- Give the report a good name, to be able to remember it's purpose easier later on
- Select the report format (Powerpoint, Word, Excel, CSV, SPSS or XML)
- Configure any additional options required based on the report format selected (e.g. Powerpoint report template to be used)
- Select the filter(s) to be used in the report
- Select combined data if required
- Select 'Next'
Define the schedule of the new report:
- Define start date and time. Use here the date and time when you wish to deliver the report for the first time.
- Define whether the automation has an end date
- Define frequency of sending the report
- Select 'Next'
As the last step define report recipients / target
- Select the report delivery method
- Depending on the delivery method, configure the settings (Currently a scheduled report can only be delivered to one email address at a time)
- Tip! Use a clear and easy to understand subject (email body cannot be set yet)
- Finally, click 'Done'
- When the scheduling is complete, the 'Start date' and the 'Next run' in the scheduling management view will show identical schedule until the report is sent for the first time.
- After a schedule has been saved, changes to filters don't affect the scheduled report settings.
Tip! On the Surveypal front page survey management we recommend to add a tag 'automatic reporting' to those surveys where you have scheduled reports. This way you can find them easier from the 'By keywords' menu.