The survey shared access means a link through which the survey form and the survey results can be looked at by those who are not Surveypal users. The view of survey draft is opened to the preview view in the tool and the viewers can leave comments. The view of a launched survey is opened to the Analyze view.
The link must be sent separately e.g. from your own email to the viewers.
Steps to enable survey shared access
1. Select a survey you wish to enable the Shared access on
2. Right click over the survey on the surveys list
3. Select from the menu ‘Enable shared access’
4. Copy the link from the pop up that appears with the clipboard button or select the link and copy
- Never copy a shared access link from your browser's address bar. When the view opens, its address changes.
- The most common reason why a shared access link does not work is because it was not fully pasted to browser's address bar, or the link is divided into two rows in an email. If the link is broken, the user will be redirected to the Surveypal login page. Ask the user of the link to verify that the link has been copied in its entirety into the browser's address bar.
- You can disable the shared access the same way it was set on.
- The shared access link remains active when the survey is launched. If you don't want to share the results of your survey remember to disable shared access.
- Later you can copy the shared access link from the survey information section.
- Disabling and then again enabling shared access link creates new link and the old shared access link stops working.