You can copy automations from one survey to another. If the surveys are identical the importing will work properly, but if there are even slight differences in the structure of the surveys then the imported automations might have differences in their conditions. Please note that if the automations being imported have conditions which use answer meta information in their rules, the target survey must contain the same meta information fields and at least one answer with correct information in those fields for the copying to work properly.
Important! Check the automation rules carefully especially in summary automations, to make sure they don't send response information to wrong addresses and cause security issues.
1. Open the survey Manage-view
2. Click "Automations"
3. From the bottom left corner choose "Import automations"
4. Choose from which survey you want to import automations on the dropdown menu. You can also type text to find the survey faster.
5. Choose automations you want to import from the original survey
6. You will see a notification about the success of importing. Do note that if the automation rules require fixing, these fixes must be done before automations can be saved.
If the imported automations contain any errors, you can see a triangle with exclamation mark next to the name of the automation. If there are any condition rules that couldn't be connected at all, they will show up in red. Please note on this example that the first condition rule is wrong as well (you can see the correct automation rules in the next step)
7. Thoroughly check the imported automations to make sure all the rules and content are correct.