Automations is a feature that allows the user to set multiple actions to happen based on the survey respondents actions and answers on the survey form.
Automations can be created in the Manage view after the survey has been launched. Building an automation starts with choosing an action and then, if needed, defining condition(s) that need to be met to trigger the chosen action.
- Select the action
- Based on the action, fill in the needed information
- Save or create a new automation if needed
By default every new automation has been set to trigger when the respondent submits their response. If you need more detailed triggers, follow the guideline from below:
- Choose a condition that needs to be met to trigger an action: e.g. When response has been completed.
- Click the 'Create additional rules' button in case you want to create more specific rules for the automation.
- Choose whether the survey answer has to fit ‘all of the’ set conditions or to ‘some of the’ set conditions. Use 'some of the' -option if the automation has multiple conditions that can trigger the action. (Not all answers have to meet the set conditions though.)
- Then choose the conditions e.g. 'Organization' – is – 'Sales'
- With 'Add new condition group' function you are able to create versatile conditions.
Notifications and summaries
Send email message – send email message to following email address
Send summary via email to identified recipient automatically – if the invitations to your survey were sent from Surveypal, the answer summary will be sent to respondent's email address after submitting the answers
Send summary via email to recipient if requested – respondent is asked to type their email address after submitting the survey answers and the summary will be sent to this given address
Send summary via email to following email address(es) automatically – enables user to get a summary email of a new answer in the survey to their own or someone else's email. If the survey contains an open field set to allow only email addresses, you can use this action to send the summary to the address typed in the survey email field.
Send email invitation to the following survey – in case of email survey with personal response links a new survey invitation can be sent with this automation
Redirect recipient without showing the thank you page to the following address -respondent will be redirected to a given address without showing the thank you page
Redirect recipient after the thank you page to the following address – respondent will be redirected to a given address after showing the thank you page
Redirect recipient without showing the thank you page to the following survey – makes it possible to combine two surveys seamlessly
Redirect recipient after the thank you page to the following survey – makes it possible e.g. to loop the survey, if you choose the same survey that you are making the automation in. Distribute view ‘Public terminal’ option gives a survey link that also loops the survey automatically without an automation.
Forward response to the following address – send answers to a specific destination e.g. to a CRM tool via HTTP request.
Use case examples
- Sending a response summary to the respondent.
- Redirect respondent to another page after submitting a form.
- Sending a response summary to specific email address.