The overall goal of setting up the integration is to map survey responses from Surveypal to Salesforce. In other words: when someone answers the Surveypal survey, the response is used to update or create new object in Salesforce. After being set up, the integration removes the need to manually export data from Surveypal to Salesforce. This makes it possible for example to add new Customers to your database through Surveypal-Salesforce integration.
There are two ways to connect Surveypal to Salesforce. After creating a survey, integration can be created in Manage view. Before creating a survey integration can be made through 'My account' view.
This guideline is part of a three-step process:
- Connecting Surveypal to Salesfore
- Selecting user profile and root object in Salesforce
- Mapping survey responses to Salesforce
Connecting to Salesforce through Manage view
4. A popup will guide you through the authentication process. The popup will close itself once the authentication is complete (spinning load indicator is shown). More information about how the Oauth authentication works.
5. If the authentication was successful you will be directed to a view titled 'Select Salesforce action'. Here you can select which Salesforce object should be updated or created when someone responds to your survey. The next step is to select root object in Salesforce.