1. Create a survey
Create a new survey and add 4 pages and elements as described below:
- Add your company logo here
Element: Number Scale (1-7)
- Question: Surveypal customer service made it easy for me to handle my issue?
Element: Open text
- Question: What did we excel at?
Element: Number scale (0-10)
- Question: How likely is it that you would recommend Surveypal to a colleague or friend?
Element: Open text
- Question: We would like to know why you gave us this score?
Remember that the number scale which will be added to invitation email must be in the first page of the survey.
After you've completed the steps explained above, you need to Launch the survey (this can be done in Build- or Distribute-view). Remember that you cannot edit your survey after is has been launched.
2. Create new Zendesk fields if you don't already have correct ones
If you already have good fields for this kind of question answers in Zendesk, you don't need to do this step.
Login to Zendesk
Select "Ticket Fields" under Manage
Click "Add field"
In our example I made the following fields
- CESNumeric (type: numeric)
- Customer Effort Score Comments (type: multi-line)
- Net Promoter Score (type: numeric)
- NPSComments (type: text)
If you like to see these fields in ticket form then you need to add these there:
- Select "Ticket Forms" under Manage
- Click your ticket form name
- Drag your new fields from right side list to left side list
- Click "Save form"
3. Connect Zendesk to Surveypal and add mappings
Follow these instructions and configure your integration.
In our example mappings look like this:
4. Use our NPS button generator and follow instructions
When the generator asks for 'element code', in this example we use "p0e1" (without the quotation marks)
When the generator asks what to do after response, select "Go to next page" on the dropdown menu.
When the generator asks for logo image address, find your image from web, right-click it and select "Copy image address". Then paste it to the generator logo image address field.
5. Test your integration
If you followed the NPS button generator instructions you should have a link in the Zendesk Dynamic Content and a new trigger in Zendesk.
Now you can go to Zendesk, create new ticket and put your own email address as requester. Add subject and description and click "Submit as Solved" from bottom right corner.
You should receive an email which contains everything you added to trigger email content. Click one of the buttons and the survey should open in your browser.
When you create a trigger or an automation add a condition which checks the ticket title. This way it's safe to test ticket in production environment as well. You can remove this condition when you have tested your trigger and then customers will also receive the email.
This trigger activates only when subject contains string "MikkoM".